THE ALL-NEW MDL SHIFT POSITION MODIFIED TREMEC TKX 5-SPEED
FOR GM A-BODY 1963-1967 MANUAL SHIFTER POSITION
What do we do to the TKX:
The shifter is a close-ratio custom-made piece that is now an integral part of the transmission.
We achieve this by carefully machining, updating, and integrating new pieces to this HOT NEW must-have transmission
This is not available through TREMEC.
Many hours of R&D were put forth to provide this to you our customer.
No upgraded TKX leaves here unless it’s right.
Click here to see what’s different
Fits: Chevelle, GTO, Lemans, 442, Buick-GS, Malibu A-BODY 1964-1967
Gear Ratios 3.27, 1.98, 1.34, 1, .72od
26 spline input, 31 spline output
** BOP applications for upgrading a 3 or 4-speed manual car to a 5-speed **
** If your BOP is automatic or has an auto or blank floor console **
Video series deep dive install TKX 5-speed into a beautiful 67 A-Body
TKX is the next generation in five speeds
With ALL NEW End-Loading Design
Which provides such advantages as:
- a slimmer case design for great tunnel clearance
- increased case strength, and fewer case seams.
All this and 8000 RPM shifting & 600lbs/ft. torque capacity
part 1 of a 5 part Video series deep dive install on a beautiful 67 Chevelle
- Sintered carbon/bronze-Hybrid triple cone synchro’s
..with a non-leading tooth profile
- Close gear ratio (3.27, 1.98, 1.34, 1.00, .72) high-performance applications Rated at 600+ft/lbs
- Utilizes Ford TKO bolt pattern 7.2″ length input shaft
(with a short input shaft option can bolt to:
GM close pattern 3-4 speed bellhousings )
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31 spline output shaft for added strength.
- GM .590 pilot tip and 1.375″ OD throwout bearing guild tube.
- Robust design with an internal 3-rail shift system & steel shift forks.
- All gears & shafts are made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Single-piece countershaft provides an increased torque carrying capacity
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output, and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor) with caged needle bearing on the main shaft.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts.
(Optional offset MDL shifter available for even more custom fit)
- New smaller mid-position shifter mounting base reduced footprint
- Built-in reverse light switch on the left side
- Cruise control safety switch location on the right side of the TKX.
- Rear main-shaft support bushing moved from the tail closer to the gearbox provides better support.
- All mating surfaces are sealed with gaskets
If you are making over 400-hp and need an update from your four-speed this is the transmission for you.
We offer complete TKX five-speed packages
That are completely customizable.
Contact us today for a detailed quote.
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- life-time technical support.
TKX offers even more:
- Three shifter locations standard. (For the Mid position, additional kit required)
- Ford Mechanical 7 tooth speedometer cable drive gear
- The reluctor wheel is 17 tooth.
- OSS two-wire Analog speedometer sensor built-in.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing fuel efficiency.
For all Tremec TKX 5-Speed models, the recommended oils are
Amzoil ATF or Synchromesh
Tremec High-Performance manual transmission Fluid (HP-MTF)
Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.
Fluid capacity is 2.7 quarts / 2.6 Liters.