THE ALL-NEW MDL MODIFIED SHIFT POSITION TREMEC TKX 5-SPEED
What do we do to the TKX:
The shifter is a close-ratio custom-made piece that is now an integral part of the transmission
this is an upgraded transmission, this isn’t just a bolted-on shifter.
They are all prepared at our facility by hand to ensure quality & precision.
Many hours of R&D were put forth to provide this to you our customer.
We offer many different offset shifter stubs to bring the shifter up right where you need it.
FIts: Ford Fairlane
Gear Ratios 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1, .68od
26 spline input, 31 spline output
Fairlane applications for upgrading a 3 or 4-speed manual car to a 5-speed
If your Fairlane is automatic or has an auto or blank floor console
TKX is the next generation in five speeds
With ALL NEW End-Loading Design
Which provides such advantages as:
- a slimmer case design for great tunnel clearance
- increased case strength, and fewer case seams.
All this and 8000 RPM shifting & 600lbs/ft. torque capacity
- Sintered carbon/bronze-Hybrid triple cone synchro’s
..with a non-leading tooth profile
- Close gear ratio (2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .68) high-performance applications Rated at 600+ft/lbs
- Utilizes Ford TKO bolt pattern 7.2″ length input shaft
(with a short input shaft option can bolt to:
GM close pattern 3-4 speed bellhousings )
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- GM .590 pilot tip and 1.375″ OD throwout bearing guild tube.
- Robust design with an internal 3-rail shift system & steel shift forks.
- All gears & shafts are made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Single-piece countershaft provides an increased torque-carrying capacity
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output, and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor) with caged needle bearing on the main shaft.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts.
(Optional offset MDL shifter available for even more custom fit)
- A new smaller mid-position shifter mounting base reduced the footprint
- Built-in reverse light switch on the left side
- Cruise control safety switch location on the right side of the TKX.
- The rear main-shaft support bushing moved from the tail closer to the gearbox provides better support.
- All mating surfaces are sealed with gaskets
If you are making over 400 hp and need an update from your four-speed this is the transmission for you.
We offer complete TKX five-speed packages
That is all completely customizable.
Contact us today for a detailed quote.
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- lifetime technical support.
TKX offers even more:
- Three shifter locations are standard. (For the Mid position, an additional kit is required)
- Ford Mechanical 7-tooth speedometer cable drive gear
- The reluctor wheel is 17 tooth.
- OSS two-wire Analog speedometer sensor built-in.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing fuel efficiency.
For all Tremec TKX 5-Speed models, the recommended oils are
Amzoil ATF or Synchromesh
Tremec High-Performance manual transmission Fluid (HP-MTF)
Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.
Fluid capacity is 2.7 quarts / 2.6 Liters.