Introducing the 53-67 CORVETTE MDL MODIFIED TREMEC TKX 5-SPEED/ .82-OD
This shifter is a close-ratio custom-made piece that is now an integral part of the transmission
This is an upgraded transmission, this isn’t just a bolt-on shifter.
They are all prepared at our facility by hand to ensure quality & precision.
Many hours of R&D were put forth to provide this to you our customer.
No upgraded TKX leaves here unless it’s right.
What do we do to the TKX:
MDL modifications bring the shifter stub up in OE position
We achieve this by carefully machining, updating, and integrating new pieces to this HOT NEW must-have transmission
Not available through TREMEC.
– C1 1953-1962 & C2 1963-1967 – Chevrolet Corvette
– Gear Ratios 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1, .82od
– 26 spline input, 31 spline output
** NOTE: C1 Corvette requires fabrication of cross-member.
53-67 CORVETTE MDL MODIFIED TREMEC TKX 5-SPEED/ .82-OD
MDL mods bring the shifter stub up in the OE position
Click on the link below to see the installation article by: Jim Smart
Reserve yours now… call us for details & availability 208-453-9800
TKX is the next generation in five speeds
With ALL NEW End-Loading Design
Which provides such advantages as:
- a slimmer case design for great tunnel clearance
- increased case strength, and fewer case seams.
All this and 8000 RPM shifting & 600lbs/ft. torque capacity
- Sintered carbon/bronze-Hybrid triple cone synchro’s
…with a non-leading tooth profile.
- Close gear ratio (2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .82) high-performance applications
- Utilizes GM TKO bolt pattern & 7.2″ length input shaft
(with a short input shaft option you can bolt to:
GM close pattern 3-4 speed bellhousings)
- 26-spline input shaft & a 31 spline output shaft for added strength.
- GM .590 pilot tip and 1.375″ OD throwout bearing guild tube.
- Robust design with an internal 3-rail shift system & steel shift forks.
- All gears & shafts are made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) for the increased demands of today’s engines.
- Single-piece countershaft provides an increased torque carrying capacity.
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output & counter shafts improve performance
….(reducing noise factor) with caged needle bearing on the main shaft.
- Equipped with an MDL high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts.
…..(See more detail on the MDL shifter here)
- New smaller mid-position shifter mounting base reduced footprint
- Built-in reverse light switch on the left side
- Cruise control safety switch location on the right side of the TKX.
- Rear main-shaft support bushing moved from the tail closer to the gearbox provides better support.
- All mating surfaces are sealed with gaskets
If you are making over 400-hp and need an update from your four-speed this is the transmission for you.
We offer complete TKX five-speed packages
That are totally customizable.
Contact us today for a detailed quote.
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- life-time technical support.
TKX offers even more:
- Three shifter locations are standard.
(For the Mid position, an additional kit is required)
- Ford Mechanical 7-tooth speedometer cable drive gear
- The reluctor wheel is 17-tooth.
- OSS two-wire Analog speedometer sensor built-in.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing fuel efficiency.
For all Tremec TKX 5-Speed models, the recommended oils are
Amzoil ATF or Synchromesh
Tremec High-Performance manual transmission Fluid (HP-MTF)
Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.
Fluid capacity is 2.7 quarts / 2.6 Liters.