Offers five and six-speed conversions for
Small Block, Big Block or Mod Motor Swapped Cougars
Our line of products offers simple ways to upgrade your 3 or 4-speed
to a Tremec five-speed or a complete automatic to five or six-speed overdrive.
We have you covered.
- Increase in fuel economy with overdrive.
- Lower RPM’s for more drive-ability and a much quieter in-car feeling.
- Reduce wear on your engine & drive-train
- Reduce engine temperatures, promoting a longer-lasting engine.
Experience the MDL Difference,
- We extend Tremec’s factory warranty by an extra year.
And add a 1-year grace period.
- We offer the best in the industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, lifetime technical support.
Modern DriveLine has put together a conversion solution for Cougar owners who need an upgrade and want more drive-ability from their Mercury.
Whether you are converting from Auto to manual or just want an upgrade, we have a solution for you.
We can supply everything you need from the back of the block to the driveshaft.
Check out our HOW TO page, just click this link
Click here to see our Frequently Asked TECH-Questions/Answers page
We also Have OIL COOLERS click this link to find out more
Our kits are TAILORED to your needs with many or all of the following:
TREMEC 5 or 6-Speed Transmission with Shifter
- Aluminum or ‘QuickTime’ Steel Bell-housing
- All Fastening Hardware
- Superior Diaphragm Clutch or McLeod or Tilton Twin-Disk matched to your horsepower and usage.
- Modern Driveline U.S.A. made Lightened Billet Steel Flywheel
- U.S.A. made Steel Cross-member
- Transmission Mount
- Wiring Harness & Plugs
- Shift Ball & Lever and Boot
- Clutch cable kit
- Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid
- High-Speed Precision Balanced Aluminum or Steel Driveshaft
- Detailed Installation Instructions and Lifetime Tech Support
- We also offer additional items if you need them
- Speedo Parts
- Transmission Adapters
The MDL conversion packages are as complete as possible.
You get ALL the components you need where competitors’ packages provide only the basics.
When comparing costs be sure you are comparing apples to apples on the contents, quality & after the order service.
VIDEO: Installing a pedal in your 71-73 Cougar
From our How to Series: Installing a Tremec T5: 5-speed into a 71-73 cougar
From our How to Series: How to get a soft pedal with our LF series hydraulics
TKX Five Speed Single Overdrive Conversion up to 750hp
For higher torque applications or you’re a ‘spirited driver,’ the TKX series five-speed is the latest offering from Tremec
check out these stats.
Rated for 600lb/ft of torque, will support shifting up to 8000rpm thanks to triple cone hybrid sintered synchronizers that the Tremec T56 Magnums have to make your driving experience the best.
The new end loading design makes for a stronger case with a new sleeker profile, eliminating top covers, that would have restricted room in the tunnel.
Click here to read more about the TKX
Below you can see the differences between the TKO & TKX cases
The TKX offers a little more adjustment at the tail shaft vertically for the driveline angle.
Perfect for Pro-Streeters who love to tuck the rear suspension up into their ride.
Archived TKO information:
- Article: a little history of the TKO
- Information about the TKO’s Contains VIDEO
- Automatic to TKO Small block conversion
- Automatic to TKO Big block conversion
- What’s Under the shift Knob-Fantom-Works ’67 Mustang & ’63 Stingray fitted with TKO by Modern DriveLine
- TKO FORD INFO