DAYTONA – 5 SPEED CONVERSION PACKAGES
How to improve on perfection?
How do you make the most sought-after racer on the plant better? Add a five-speed overdrive. Whether you drive an original Shelby CXS series Daytona or one of many great replicas, Modern Driveline has the Five-speed or Six-speed overdrive to give your Daytona legs.
Ford Toploaders are strong and fit the Daytona well and are fun to drive. However, they lack an overdrive to allow these powerful road machines to pass everything on the road including the gas station.
We have kits for Small Blocks, Big Blocks
& Mod-Motors too.
All MDL conversion packages are as complete as possible.
You get ALL the components you need whereas competitors’ packages provide only the basics.
When comparing costs in the marketplace be sure you are comparing apples to apples, on the parts that are included, the quality of those parts & most importantly after the order service.
Experience the MDL Difference,
- MDL extends the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… and that’s from the date of installation.
- We offer the best in the industry customer & technical service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, lifetime technical support.
Modern Driveline offers two different five-speed transmissions for vintage & today’s Daytona continuation & replica cars.
289 Small block Daytona- 5 SPEED CONVERSION PACKAGES
Our front-shift T5 five-speed is a perfect choice for horsepower up to 450.
The T5 five-speed transmissions are compact, shift great, and run quietly, but don’t let the size fool you. T5 with its 2.95:1 first gear ratio with .63:1 OD can handle up to 450hp on street tires.
To place the shifter in the correct Daytona location, we developed the front shift T5 with the shifter in the forward position making the transmission easy to shift.
Couple this with 289 Cobra short shift lever and OE-looking five-speed knob, you would swear the Daytona was born with a five-speed.
Interfacing the T5 behind a small block 289/302 is a matter of choosing one of our T5 bellhousings or adapter plates.
The stock clutch linkage can be retained or look at one of our hydraulic clutch conversion kits.
If a .63:1 ratio (37%) overdrive is too much, we offer an optional .73:1 ratio (27%) to keep the motor in the right rpm band.
TKX Series 427-DAYTONA – 5 SPEED CONVERSION PACKAGES
As we all know the block-powered Daytona makes a lot of power! This is where the Tremec TKX Five-speed comes in.
The TKX can easily handle up to 600lb-ft of torque and bolt up to a wide pattern Toploader bellhousing, when equipped with a shortened input shaft.
Using the shortened input shaft keeps the over-length of the TKX to 24″ so as not to make the already short drive shaft any shorter.
The shorter input shaft also aids with installation in such a tight tunnel area.
The TKX sports multiple shift positions to provide a true 427 look with a mid-shift position shifter.
Enjoy up to 8000 RPM shifting with this All NEW 5-speed from Tremec.
Solutions are TAILORED to your needs with many or all of the following:
TREMEC 5-Speed Transmission with Shifter
- All Fastening Hardware including ARP
- Aluminum or ‘QuickTime’ Steel Bell-housing
- Superior Diaphragm Clutch or McLeod or Tilton Twin-Disk matched to your horsepower and usage.
- Modern Driveline U.S.A. made Lightened Billet Steel Flywheel
- Transmission Mount
- Wiring Harness & Plugs
- Shift Ball & Lever and Boot
- Hydraulic Master and Slave clutch linkage
- Synthetic Transmission Fluid
- High-Speed Precision Balanced Aluminum or Steel Driveshaft
- Detailed Installation Instructions and Lifetime Tech Support
- You will need to select a clutch matched for your horsepower & use. Need Help… give us a call.
- We will use any existing parts you have that we can… there’s no need to buy new ones if you don’t have to.
You will have to select a clutch matched to your horsepower & use if you need help request a quote below
If you have more questions Call for details… 208453-9800