MODERN DRIVELINE Offers five and six-speed conversions for
Small & Big Block & LS swapped Gen-2 Chevelles / El Caminos
Our line of products offers simple ways to upgrade your 3 or 4-speed
to a Tremec five-speed or a complete automatic to five or six-speed overdrive.
We have you covered.
- Increase in fuel economy with overdrive.
- Lower RPM’s for more drive-ability and a much quieter in-car feeling.
- Reduce wear on your engine & drive-train parts
- Reduce engine temperatures, promoting a longer-lasting engine.
The MDL Difference,
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year.
And we add a 1-year grace period.
- We offer best-in-the-industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, lifetime technical support.
Solutions are TAILORED to your needs
With many or all of the following:
TREMEC 5 or 6-Speed Transmission with Shifter
- All Fastening Hardware
- Aluminum or ‘QuickTime’ Steel Bell-housing
- Superior Diaphragm Clutch or McLeod or Tilton Twin-Disk matched to your horsepower and usage.
- Modern Driveline U.S.A. made Lightened Billet Steel Flywheel
- Uses your stock OEM style Cross-member
- Transmission Mount
- Wiring Harness & Plugs
- Shift Ball & Lever and Boot
- Hydraulic Master Kit / Slave Clutch Kit
- Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid
- High-Speed Precision Balanced Aluminum or Steel Driveshaft
- Detailed Installation Instructions and Lifetime Tech Support
TKX Five Speed Single Overdrive Conversion up to 750hp
For higher torque applications or you’re a ‘spirited driver,’ the TKX series five-speed is the latest offering from Tremec
This revolutionary 5-speed has replaced the TKO 500 / 600
check out these stats.
Rated for 600lb/ft of torque, will support shifting up to 8000rpm thanks to triple cone hybrid sintered synchronizers that the Tremec T56 Magnums have to make your driving experience the best.
The new end loading design makes for a stronger case with a new sleeker profile, eliminating top covers, that would have restricted room in the tunnel.
From the still photos below, you can see the clearance you can expect with a stock cross-member & mount.
Above you can see the differences between the TKO & TKX cases
The TKX offers a little more adjustment at the tail shaft vertically for the driveline angle.
Perfect for Pro-Streeters who love to tuck the rear suspension up into their ride.
MDL conversion packages are as complete as possible.
You get ALL the components you need where competitors’ packages provide only the basics.
When comparing costs be sure you are comparing apples to apples on the contents, quality & especially after the order service.
MDL is a stocking distributor, most items are ready to ship.
Click or call for a customized quote for your requirements.
Archived TKO information:
- Article: a little history of the TKO
- TKO GM INFO
- Information about the TKO’s Contains VIDEO
- Automatic to TKO Small block conversion
- Automatic to TKO Big block conversion
- V8-TV’s Install of our TKO conversion Package