Tremec Ford TKO600 Heavy-duty Five Speed Single Overdrive Transmission
We’ve just received a fresh shipment of transmissions
TREMEC’s TKO series (TR3550 family) of 5-speed transmissions was first made famous by the 5-liter Mustang movement and has since been fitted into nearly every rear-wheel drive performance application imaginable. Serving up 600 lb-ft of torque capacity, along with confidence-inspiring shifts and fuel-saving overdrive, the TKO offers an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners – which may be why it’s the manual transmission behind more boulevard-bruising street machines and sportsman race victories than all of its competitors combined.
Based on the 3550 family of five-speed, Tremec up the game in 2004 by offering for the first time TKO600 close-ratio five-speed to replace the “TKO” as the top dog. Close gear ratio with a 2.87:1 first gear for those that have 3.50:1 axle ratio or higher ratios and want the legs to cruise a reduced RPMs, .64:1 (36%) 5th overdrive is the one. If you are making over big power or play hard in the first for gears and want to cruise home in overdrive the TKO600 is the transmission for you.
Experience the MDL difference
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… and that’s from the date of install.
- We offer the best in-the industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, life-time technical support.
- Close gear ratio (2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .64) high-performance applications Rated at 600+ft/lbs
- Multi shifter location to customize the fit.
- Uses the same bolt pattern as Ford “Toploader” bellhousing.
- Ford Mechanical gear and analog speedometer drive built-in.
- Robust transmission design with internal 3-rail shift system with cast iron shift forks
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output, and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor).
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) that permits increased torque carrying capacity
- Single-piece countershaft that better handles increased torque carrying capacity
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts. (Optional offset MDL shifter available for even more custom fit)
- Cruise control Neutral safety switch and back-up light switch
- Flexible and versatile:
• Three shifter locations standard
• Three different input shafts available,
- Stock 7.2″ length input
- MDL offers shortened input shafts in both spline counts for both car and truck depths bell-housings.
- 31 spline output shaft for added strength.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing the fuel efficiency
- If you do a lot of shifting above 5500 RPM, We Recommend Carbon Fiber Synchros upgrade… call for pricing 208-453-9800
- Low profile top covers for increase tunnel clearance.
- Mid shift kit to move the shifter forward in early cars and trucks.
- Shorten input shaft to bolt to Ford 3/4 bell-housings.
|Gear Ratio Chart|
- Article: a little history of the TKO
- Information about the TKO’s Contains VIDEO
- Automatic to TKO Small block conversion
- Automatic to TKO Big block conversion
- What’s Under the shift Knob-Fantom-Works ’67 Mustang & ’63 Stingray fitted with TKO by Modern DriveLine
- TKO FORD INFO
If you need a transmission upgrade to get better performance and better fuel economy.
MDL has all of the Mustang Transmission parts you need, including shifters, flywheels, clutch cables, clutch kits, and more, for your new manual transmission.