Tremec GM TKO600 Heavy-duty Five-speed Single overdrive Transmission
We apologize we are currently out of stock on this item
TREMEC’s TKO series of 5-speed transmissions was first made famous by the 5-liter Mustang movement and has since been fitted into nearly every rear-wheel drive performance application imaginable. Serving up 600 lb-ft of torque capacity, along with confidence-inspiring shifts and fuel-saving overdrive, the TKO offers an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners – which may be why it’s the manual transmission behind more boulevard-bruising street machines and sportsman race victories than all of it’s competitors combined.
Based on the 3550 family of five-speed, Tremec up the game in 2004 by offering TKO600 close-ratio five-speed to replace the “TKO” as the top dog.
For those that have a 3.50:1 axle ratio or higher ratios the TKO600 with its 2.87:1 first gear and .64:1 (36%) 5th overdrive will provide a low rpm cruise speed. If you are making big power or play hard in the first four gears and want to cruise home in overdrive, the TKO600 is the transmission for you.
- Close gear ratio (2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .64) high-performance applications Rated at 600+ft/lbs
- Multi shifter location to customize the fit.
- Uses the same bolt pattern as GM Muncie 3, 4 speed bellhousing.
- Ford Mechanical gear (GM adapter available) and analog electric speedometer drives built-in.
- Robust transmission design with internal 3-rail shift system with cast iron shift forks
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output, and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor).
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615)that permits increased torque carrying capacity
- Single-piece countershaft that better handles increased torque carrying capacity
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts. (Optional offset MDL shifter available for even more custom fit)
- Cruise control Neutral safety switch and back-up light sensor
- Flexible and versatile:
- Three shifter locations standard
- 31 spline output shaft for added strength.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing the fuel efficiency
- Carbon Fiber synchro Rings for improved shifting above 6,000 rpms.
- Low profile top covers for increase tunnel clearance.
- Mid shift kit to move the shifter forward in early cars and trucks.
- Low clearance side shifters for C1-C3 Corvettes.
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- We provide life-time technical support.
|Gear Ratio Chart|
- Article: a little history of the TKO
- Information about the TKO’s Contains VIDEO
- Automatic to TKO Small block conversion
- Automatic to TKO Big block conversion
- What’s Under the shift Knob-Fantom-Works ’67 Mustang & ’63 Stingray fitted with TKO by Modern DriveLine
- TKO GM INFO
If you need a transmission upgrade to get better performance and better fuel economy.
MDL has all of the GM Transmission parts you need, including shifters, flywheels, clutch cables, clutch kits and more, for your new manual transmission.