Tremec GM TKO600 Heavy-duty Five speed Single overdrive Transmission For C1-C2 Corvettes
MDL modified TKO600 for the Corvettes serves up 600 lb-ft of torque capacity, along with confidence-inspiring shifts and fuel-saving overdrive. The TKO offers an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners – which may be why more Corvette owners are choosing the MDL Side shifted TKO as the 5-speed manual transmission than all of its competitors combined.
Based on the 3550 families of five-speed, Tremec upped the game in 2004 by offering the TKO600 close-ratio five-speed to replace the “TKO” as the top dog. For those that have 3.50:1 axle ratio or higher ratios the TKO600 with its 2.87:1 first gear and .64:1 (36%) 5th overdrive will provide low rpm cruise speed. If you are making big power or play hard in the first four gears and want to cruise home in overdrive, the TKO600 is the transmission for you.
- Close gear ratio (2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .64) high-performance applications Rated at 600+ft/lbs
- Robust low profile side mounted shifter that aligns the shift lever in the stock location without trimming the floor.
- Uses the same bolt pattern as GM Muncie 3, 4-speed bellhousing.
- Ford Mechanical gear (GM adapter available) and analog electric speedometer drive built-in.
- Robust transmission design with internal 3-rail shift system with cast iron shift forks
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor).
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615)that permits increased torque carrying capacity
- Single-piece countershaft that better handles increased torque carrying capacity
- Cruise control Neutral safety switch and back-up light sensor
- 31 spline output shaft for added strength.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing the fuel efficiency
- Carbon Fiber synchro Rings for improved shifting above 6,000 RPMs.
- Low profile top covers for increased tunnel clearance.
- Screw-in lower cluster bearing support
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- We provide life-time technical support.
Click here to get a Quote Started
Other Helpful Links:
|Gear Ratio Chart|
WE HAVE MANY MORE OPTIONS PLEASE CALL FOR DETAILS… 208-453-9800