Tremec TR4050 5-speed
Offers an impressive blend of strength, refinement, and above all driver control.
If you are Hauling, Overlanding, or just touring the tarmac.
The 4050 is practical enough for everyday use and robust enough for off-road weekend adventures.
The TR-4050 can be mated to a multitude of engines:
Cummins 4BT, 6BT, 5.0, and R2.8;
Ford Windsor small-block and Coyote
small- and big-block Chevy and LS Series
small-block Mopar and Gen III Hemi.
It’s an ideal replacement for the AX15, NV3500, NV3550, and NV4500 5-speeds, as well as NP435A, NP435L, NP435D, NP435E, T18, T19, T98, SM420, and SM465 4-speeds.
the NV4500 has been out of production since 2007.
Consumers can only get used/rebuilt transmissions, and parts are becoming harder and harder to locate.
The TR-4050 is a brand-new transmission that comes with a factory-backed 12-month warranty.
Experience the MDL Difference,
- We extend Tremec’s factory warranty by an extra year, … from the date of install
And add a 1-year grace period.
- We offer the best in the industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, lifetime technical support.
A TREMEC manual transmission for performance cars, muscle cars, and hot rods, now upgrade your pickup truck to a class-leading
5-speed with that same smoothness and confidence.
Get the job done with the TREMEC TR-4050 5-Speed from MDL
- Standard Right side PTO – 6 Bolt offers the ability to run hydraulic pumps
- Massive 109mm center distance
- Chrysler/Jeep Transfer case bolt circle with 23 spline output shaft
- High-contact constant-mesh helical gears for maximum strength
- Die-cast aluminum alloy housing saves weight & offers considerable rigidity
- Standard right-hand six-bolt PTO offers the ability to run hydraulic pumps
- The multiple-rail internal shifter provides an excellent shift feel and performance
- Tapered bearings on input, main, and counter shafts provide excellent internal stability
- Needle bearings under gears reduce friction and noise output
- All forward and reverse gears are synchronized
- Advanced synchronizer technology promotes smoother shifting and reduced shift effort
- Counter shaft-mounted 5th gear synchronizer improves NVH in overdrive.
- Gear ratios: 6.16, 3.11, 1.71, 1, .76 od. rev 6.03
- 10 spline input shaft / Output 31-spline
- Torque rating 600lb-ft – A 6-bolt PTO mount location 6-bolt circle output flange.
- NV4500 bolt pattern
- Oil Capacity – 3.7 QT / 3.5ltr.
- Weighs 164 lbs. / 74kg
And like all TREMEC aftermarket transmissions, the TR4050 is made from 100% brand-new OEM-quality content and features a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty from Tremec
The TR-4050 has a transfer case mounting pattern of 23-spline six-bolt. So that opens up late-model Jeep transfer cases (NP231, NP241, and similar Magna parts)
|TREMEC TR-4050 Transmission Specifications TDET17341 GM|
|Type||Rear-wheel drive, 5-speed manual overdrive|
|Maximum Gross vehicle weight|| 10,000kg (22,000lb)
** for reference only, not applicable to a specific application **
|Case||Die-cast aluminum alloy – end-loading design|
|Overall Case Length||511mm / 20.1″ ( does not include input shaft length)|
|Synchronizer type||Double & single cone|
|Lubricant type||T-M99 Synthetic ATF|
|Lubricant capacity||3.5L (3.7qt)|
|Transmission weight||74kg (164lb)|
|Power take-off||Six-bolt located right side|
|Available gear ratios||
MDL’s latest offering of this TR4050 brings to the forefront, Trucks…
As one of the top Tremec Elite dealers transmission specialists in the country, with over 24 continuous years of Service and knowledge in the business we have earned us
a ‘Guys to Go To’ reputation for advice & tech help, as well as a solution center for those looking to stuff modern drivelines into older automobiles & trucks.
Turning vintage pick-ups into clean restored machines is the new HOT build for many Americans, with modified versions of the classic trucks
But to be honest, who doesn’t love seeing old-school body lines blended with modern performance perks?
|Torque Capacity||460 ft/lb||600 lb.ft|
|Weight||195 lbs||164 lbs.|
|Case||Cast iron||Die-Cast Aluminum|
|Oil Capacity||1 gallon||3.67 Quarts|
|Availability||Used / Hard to find||Currently in production|
The TR-4050 provides an essential option for a market that has been missing.
The TR-4050 can be mated to a variety of different O.E. transfer cases
The TR-4050 will have parts and warranty support for quite some time unlike the popular NV4500, which has been out of production since 2007.
The TR-4050 is a proven design that has been in production since the early 1990s.
A rugged, die-cast, aluminum-alloy case forms the foundation.
The gears have a high-contact, constant-mesh, helical design for maximum strength It has a torque-handling capacity of up to 425 lb-ft on a working GCVW of more than 15,000 pounds.
For increased internal stability under load, the input, main and counter shafts feature tapered roller bearings.
A counter-shaft–mounted 5th gear synchronizer improves noise, vibration, and harshness in overdrive.
With gear ratios of:
The TR-4050 is more capable than either the NV4500 or NP430 transmissions at off-road use, while still being capable of highway and everyday driving.
Single- and double-cone synchronizers give the driver silky-smooth shifts.
If PTO capability is needed, the TR-4050 has a standard, right-hand, six-bolt PTO hookup.
BELLHOUSINGS AND ADAPTERS INFO
Quick Draw Brand has bell housing adapters for
Chevy small-block (4.3-liter 305ci, 350ci), LS (4.8-liter 5.3-liter 6.0-liter, and 6.2-; other), 6.5-liter Duramax, 8.1-liter, and older big-block
Ford small-block (Windsor), Modular (5.0-liter Coyote, 4.6-liter, 5.4-liter, 6.8-liter, 6.0-liter diesel, and 6.7-liter diesel)
Mopar small-block (318ci, 360ci) and Hemi gen-three
Cummins R2.8-liter 3.3m 12- and 24-valve 6BT, 4BT and 5.0L
Isuzu 4BD1T and 4BB2T; IH Scout engines and four-cylinder 196ci; Detroit 353 and 453.
The TR-4050 has a transfer case mounting pattern of 23-spline six-bolt.
Here’s a helpful link to a calculator below.