Hydraulic Clutch Master Kit – Type 2 (.700″ bore x 1.4″ stroke)
- 1966-70 Fairlane, Falcon/Comet
- 1968-71 Torino
- 1970-79 Maverick
- 1975-81 Granada
From the SEMA award-winning team that brought you the SN95 Mustang Hydraulics.
Modern Driveline’s Lightfoot series Hydraulic Master cylinder clutch cylinder kit uses the stock clutch pedal.
Engineered to use the factory full swing of the pedal, for maximum leverage, it provides a light pedal effort and full control of the clutch, this translates to a drive you will love.
Unique to MDL is the clutch pedal linkage allows the master cylinder to use the stock clutch rod hole while providing room for factory vacuum brake booster but, most importantly driver control.
Gone of the days of having to engineer a kit from scratch only to leave you frustrated with the results.
The 66-70 Fairlane Hydraulic Clutch Master Kit utilizes a small bore long stroke cylinder to provide the most common fluid volume requirements needed in today’s hydraulic slave cylinders. Couple this master cylinder kit with either MDL LF series external slave cylinders kit or Tilton Engineering internal hydraulic release bearings results in a complete hydraulic clutch solution ready to install.
LF (Light Foot) Series
- Pedal linkage for light pedal effort
- Uses stock clutch pedal and rod hole (where possible) for ease of installation
- Included remote reservoir
- Works with most internal and external slaves.
Common Hydraulic Conversion Problems
The common approach was to use a 3/4″ or 7/8″ bore x 1″ stroke master cylinder connected to the pedal directly resulting in the following.
- Improper pedal pressure and stroke the cylinder needed to be raised higher than the stock clutch rod linkage hole.
- Interference issues on the firewall or pedal assembly.
- Heavy pedal pressure or a very short stroke or both.
Revolutionary Linkage Design
The LF Series Hydraulic Clutch Master is a revolutionary design for retrofitting hydraulics into the classic cars
Modern Driveline solved these issues with an innovative pedal linkage that matches pedal travel with a long stroke master cylinder for a reduced clutch pedal load. The linkage allows for great design flexibility and greatly improved driver’s experience. We offer the master cylinders in three different bore sizes to match the slave cylinder volume requirements. In most cases, our .700″ bore with 1.4″ stroke is the perfect match for most slave cylinders on the market and all our LF series slaves, Tilton 6000 Series internal bearings.
Please contact us if you have any special requirements.
- The long-stroke, small bore master cylinder provides minimize loading of the firewall and pedal effort.
- A firewall plate with mechanical linkage greatly reduces firewall load and pedal effort while providing design flexibility to use the stock clutch rod hole.
- The mechanical linkage design also allows the full stroke of the pedal to maximize clutch modulation while keeping the cylinder perpendicular to the firewall and provide a mechanical advantage thus reducing the pedal pressure required to operate the clutch.
Complete solutions of master and slave need to be optimized with matching fluid volume.
For this reason, we offer kits specifically matched to our slaves or to existing slaves on the market.
All MDL Hydraulic kits come with our 1-man Bleeder kit to make installation easier.
Type 2 – .700” bore x 1.4” stroke = Volume .539cu/ins
Type 3 – .750” bore x 1.4” stroke = Volume .619cu/ins
Small block Ford T-5/TKO/TKX cable fork aluminum bellhousing mounted kit
(Perfect kit for those looking for a clutch cable upgrade)
MD-910-1002 Hyd, External Slave, Type 2, T-5/TKO?TKX for Aluminum bellhousing
Small block Ford QuickTime bellhousing transmission mounted T-5, TKO and TKX kits
Modern Driveline Inc. LF Series (Light Foot) Hydraulic Clutch Kits are engineered solutions for retrofitting hydraulic clutch actuation into classic cars and hot rods. Combining proven components with innovative design results in a modern solution to a common problem
The LF Series Hydraulic Clutch System is designed as a replacement for the cabled clutch system or mechanical linkage. With the different external mounting brackets, the slave cylinder mounts behind the clutch the fork clearing the bellhousing of the most popular T5/TKO/TKX small block Ford Aluminum bellhousing QuickTime Inc steel bellhousings.
The LF series Master is compatible with many of the internal hydraulic throw-out bearing or CSC on the marketplace.
Don’t see what you’re looking for, please call 208-453-9800