MODERN DRIVELINE Offers five and six-speed conversions for
Small & Big Block & LS swapped Gen-1 Chevelles / El Caminos A-body applications
Our line of products offers simple ways to upgrade your 3 or 4-speed
to a Tremec five-speed or a complete automatic to five or six-speed overdrive…
We have you covered.
- Increase in fuel economy with overdrive.
- Lower RPM’s for more drive-ability and a much quieter in-car feeling.
- Reduce wear on your engine & drive-train parts
- Reduce engine temperatures, promoting a longer-lasting engine.
Experience the MDL Difference,
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We offer the best in the industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, lifetime technical support.
Solutions are TAILORED to your needs
With many or all of the following
TREMEC 5 or 6-Speed Transmission with Shifter
- All Fastening Hardware & Installation Accessories
- Aluminum or ‘QuickTime’ Steel Bell-housing
- Superior Diaphragm Clutch or McLeod or Tilton Twin-Disk matched to your horsepower and usage.
- Modern Driveline U.S.A. made Lightened Billet Steel Flywheel
- Uses stock OEM Cross-member
- Transmission Mount
- Wiring Harness & Plugs
- Shift Ball & Lever and Boot
- Hydraulic Master Kit / Hydraulic Slave Kit
- Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid
- High-Speed Precision Balanced Aluminum or Steel Driveshaft– 31Spline for TKX
- Detailed Installation Instructions and Lifetime Tech Support
TKX Five Speed Single Overdrive Conversion up to 750hp
For higher torque applications or you’re a ‘spirited driver,’ the TKX series five-speed is the latest offering from Tremec
check out these stats.
Rated for 600lb/ft of torque, will support shifting up to 8000rpm thanks to triple cone hybrid sintered synchronizers that the Tremec T56 Magnums have to make your driving experience the best.
The new end loading design makes for a stronger case with a new sleeker profile, eliminating top covers, that would have restricted room in the tunnel.
From the still photos below, you can see the clearance you can expect with a stock cross-member & mount.
Above you can see the differences between the TKO & TKX cases
The TKX offers a little more adjustment at the tail shaft vertically for the driveline angle.
Perfect for Pro-Streeters who love to tuck the rear suspension up into their ride.
MDL conversion packages are as complete as possible.
You get ALL the components you need where competitors’ packages provide only the basics.
When comparing costs be sure you are comparing apples to apples on the contents, quality & after the order service.
Click or call for a customized quote for your requirements.