THE TREMEC TKX – FORD FIVE-SPEED
Heavy Duty Five speed Single Overdrive Transmission
TCET17765 – 2.87:1 first gear with a .81:1 OD.
THE HOT MUST HAVE TRANSMISSION from TREMEC
IN STOCK & READY TO SHIP
TKX is the next generation in five speeds, with its End Loading Design which provides such advantages as a slimmer case design for great tunnel clearance, increased case strength, and fewer case seams.
All this and 8000 RPM shifting & 600lbs/ft. torque capacity
- All new Slim End loading case designed for superior strength and greater tunnel clearance.
- Sintered carbon/bronze-Hybrid triple cone synchro’s with a non-leading tooth profile
- Wide gear ratio (2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .81) high-performance applications Rated at 600+ft/lbs
- Utilizes Ford TKO bolt pattern 7.2″ length input shaft (with a short input shaft option can be bolt to a Ford wide pattern 3-4 speed bellhousings )
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- Ford .670 pilot tip and 1.430″ OD throwout bearing guide tube.
- Robust design with an internal 3-rail shift system & steel shift forks.
- All gears & shafts are made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Single-piece countershaft provides an increased torque carrying capacity
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output, and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor) with caged needle bearing on the main shaft.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts.
(Optional offset MDL shifter available for even more custom fit)
- New smaller mid-position shifter mounting base reduced footprint
- Built-in reverse light switch on the left side
- Cruise control safety-switch location on the right side of the TKX.
- The rear main-shaft support bushing moved from the tail closer to the gearbox provides better support.
- All mating surfaces are sealed with gaskets
If you are making over 400 hp and need an update from your four-speed this is the transmission for you.
We offer a complete TKX five-speed package that is completely customizable.
Contact us today for a detailed quote.
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- lifetime technical support.
TKX offers even more:
- Three shifter locations standard. (For the Mid position, additional kit required)
- Ford Mechanical 7 tooth speedometer cable drive gear
- OSS two-wire Analog speedometer sensor built-in.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing fuel efficiency.
For all Tremec TKX 5-Speed models, the recommended oil is Dextron III ATF
Tremec High-Performance manual transmission Fluid (HP-MTF)
Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.
Fluid capacity is 2.7 quarts / 2.6 Liters.
2nd 3rd 4th 5th Input
1.89 1.28 1.00 0.68 26
1.89 1.28 1.00 0.81 26
1.98 1.34 1.00 0.72 26
1.98 1.34 1.00 0.72 10
In many cases, converting to a TREMEC TKX or T-56 Magnum will also warrant minor driveline modifications,
such as upgrading to our 31-spline aftermarket slip yoke.
Built to OEM standards, they accept 1330-style U-Joints and are designed to handle the torque
from one of the powerful 5 or 6-speed manual transmissions.