Designed to be a replacement of the earlier model TR-3550 and TKO, the TKO-500 and TKO-600 has been significantly upgraded, making it more robust, flexible and versatile.
The TKO is ideal for high torque motors for the both the street and performance racing applications. Several aftermarket upgrades are available such as carbon fiber synchro rings, shifter rods, polished gears to reduce friction and Cryogenic treat of the gear for added torque capacity.
Features & Benefits:
- Higher center distance (83 mm) from main shaft to counter shaft allows for larger gear sizes and higher torque carrying capacity
- Close gear ratio (2.87 & 3.27) models available for high-performance racing applications
- Robust transmission design with internal 3-rail shift system with cast iron shift forks
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor).
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) that permits increased torque carrying capacity
- Single-piece countershaft that better handles increased torque carrying capacity
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts
- Neutral safety switch and back-up light sensor
- Flexible and versatile:
- Eight shifter locations available
- Dual electronic and mechanical speedometer pick-ups
- Three unique cross member-mounting configurations
- Three different input shafts available
- Three available overdrive ratios
- .64 or .68 ratios reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing the fuel efficiency
- .82 ratio is ideal for long straight-aways for high performance racing