In addition to the external slave choices, we also offer a new internal throw-out bearing. Using hydraulic technology from Tilton Engineering (Tilton 6000 Series), these new bearings are easy to install (slip over the bearing retainer of the transmission), and are built to last. The LF Series Internal Hydraulic Release Bearing is designed as a solution where the external slave causes an interference or where no external kit has been developed. The light pedal feel of the LF Series is maintained with the added benefit of no clearance issues.
Compatibility extends to most bell housings. While the external slave only works with specific bell’s, the internal style allows the use of other bells (ie: original 4 speed bells, big block bells, etc). In fact, one of the markets for this slave is the Ford 4-speed toploader.
The adjustable sleeve allows nearly 1.25″ of adjustment to accommodate a wide variety of clutches. The bearing height is adjustable from 1.77″ to 3.00″. Piston travel is a full 0.7″
A TYPICAL COMPLETE SOLUTION CONSISTS OF
- the LF Series Master Clutch Kit,
- a steel braided line of appropriate length,
- the LF Series Internal Hydraulic Release Bearing.
THE MODERN DRIVELINE RELEASE BEARING KIT INCLUDES:
- Hydraulic Release Bearing
- Stainless Steel adjustment Sleeve
- Steel braided supply (AN4) and bleed lines
- Anti-rotation bolt
- Union fitting (connect to main supply line)
KITS ARE AVAILABLE FOR:
- Ford T5’s, Ford TKO’s, Ford Toploaders
- Ford T56’s with CSC hydraulic setup already
- XL Magnum T56 for 2005+ Ford Mustangs
- LS and Viper T56’s
- GM T5’s, GM TKO’s
- Billet aluminum body and piston precision machined in-house at Tilton
- Stainless steel threaded sleeve offers nearly 1.25″ of adjustability
- Constant contact design self adjusts for clutch wear and maintains the same pedal feel throughout the clutch’s life
- Newly designed swivel fittings have been thoroughly tested to insure against leakage
- High-quality flat face bearing with 1.71″ – 3.03″ contact diameter fits most 8.5″ – 11″ bent-finger and lever-type clutches
- Self-adjusting – As your clutch wears, the hydraulic bearing compensate to maintain the same pedal feel, shift after shift.
- Smooth and reliable high-quality bearings. Tilton bearing are tested extensively for long life durability.
- Wiper and debris prevention – The resilient orange seal is your gaurd against unwanted bore damage.
- Unique monoseal technology – For proper seal tension, Tilton has created a unique multi-edged quad-tension seal, to ensure consistent feel, long term wearability, and lasting reliability. Seals have been tested to hundreds of thousands of actuations without failure, which is why this technology is built into every Tilton HRB.