61-66 F100 Hydraulic Clutch Master Kit .700 bore/ Black Billet Reservoir
Light Foot Series Type 2, Non-Integral Master Cylinder with Remote Reservoir
We recommend a remote reservoir: item# MD-960-1000
Description: black plastic reservoir with 30″ hose
Modern Driveline Light Foot series Hydraulic Master cylinder clutch kit for 1967-1972 F-100 Series Pick-up uses the stock clutch pedal.
Engineered to use the factory full swing of the pedal, for maximum leverage, it provides a light pedal effort and full control of the clutch.
This translates to a drive you will love.
Unique to MDL is the clutch pedal linkage that moves the master cylinder to provide room for brake boosters of all types and most importantly driver control.
Gone are the days of having to engineer a kit from scratch only to leave frustrated with the results.
The Type 2 master cylinder utilizes a .700″ small-bore 1.4″ long-stroke cylinder to provide the most common fluid volume requirements needed in today’s hydraulic slave cylinders.
Couple this master cylinder kit with either MDL LF series external slave cylinder kit or Tilton Engineering internal hydraulic release bearing results in a complete hydraulic clutch solution ready to install.
LF (Light Foot) Series .700 bore x 1.4″ stroke
- Pedal linkage for light pedal effort
- Uses stock clutch pedal and rod hole (where possible) for ease of installation
- Included anodized aluminum reservoir in Black
- Works with most internal and external slaves.
Common Hydraulic conversion problems
The common approach was to use a 3/4″ or 7/8″ bore x 1″ stroke master cylinder connected to the pedal directly resulting in the following.
- Improper pedal pressure and stroke of the cylinder needed to be raised higher than the stock clutch rod linkage hole.
- Interference issues on the firewall or pedal assembly.
- Heavy pedal pressure or a very short stroke or both.
Revolutionary Design Linkage Design
The LF Series Hydraulic Clutch Master is a revolutionary design for retrofitting hydraulics into the classic cars
Modern Driveline solved these issues with innovative pedal linkage that matches pedal travel with a long-stroke master cylinder for a reduced clutch pedal load.
The linkage allows for great design flexibility and greatly improved driver’s experience.
We offer the master cylinders in three different bore sizes to match the slave cylinder volume requirements.
In most cases our .700″ bore with 1.4″ stroke is the perfect match for most slave cylinders on the market and all our LF series slaves, Tilton 6000 Series internal bearings.
Fits: 1961-1966 F-100 Pick-Up
Please contact us if you have any special requirements. 208-453-900
- The long-stroke, small-bore master cylinder minimizes the loading of the firewall and pedal effort.
- A firewall plate with mechanical linkage greatly reduces firewall load and pedal effort while providing design flexibility to use the stock clutch rod hole.
- The mechanical linkage design also allows the full stroke of the pedal to maximize clutch modulation while keeping the cylinder perpendicular to the firewall and providing a mechanical advantage thus reducing the pedal pressure required to operate the clutch.
ALL MDL Hydraulic master kits come with our unique One-man Bleeder Kit to help make installation easy.
MEDIUM: DIFFICULTY LEVEL ON THIS INSTALL
Type 2 – .700” bore x 1.4” stroke = Volume .539cu/ins
Type 3 – .750” bore x 1.4” stroke = Volume .619cu/ins
Small block Ford T-5/TKO cable fork aluminum bellhousing mounted kit
(Perfect kit for those looking for a clutch cable upgrade)
MD-910-1002 Hyd, External Slave, Type 2, T-5/TKO for Aluminum bellhousing
Small block Ford QuickTime bellhousing transmission mounted T-5 and TKO kits
Modern Driveline Inc. LF Series (Light Foot) Hydraulic Clutch Kits are engineered solutions for retrofitting hydraulic clutch actuation into classic cars and hot rods.
Combining proven components with innovative design results in a modern solution to a common problem
The LF Series Hydraulic Clutch System is designed as a replacement for the cabled clutch system commonly found in 79-93 5.0L Ford Mustangs.
With the different external mounting brackets, the slave cylinder mounts behind the clutch of the fork clearing the bellhousing of the most popular T5 / TKX small block Ford Aluminum bellhousing QuickTime Inc steel bellhousings.
The LF series Master is compatible with many of the internal hydraulic throw-out bearings or CSC on the marketplace.