MDL Hydraulic Clutch Master Kit with NON-integral Reservoir
Light Foot Series .700 bore x 1.4″ stroke
Engineered to use the factory full swing of the pedal, for maximum leverage.
This provides a light pedal effort and full control of the clutch.
This translates to a drive you will love.
Gone are the days of having to engineer a kit from scratch only to leave you frustrated with the results.
All MDL Hydraulic kits come with our 1-man Bleeder kit to make installation easier.
Fits: 1960-1972 C10/C20 Chevy truck using the stock clutch pedal.
The Type 2 master cylinder utilizes a .700″ small-bore 1.4″ long-stroke cylinder to provide the most common fluid volume requirements needed in today’s hydraulic slave cylinders.
Couple this master cylinder kit with either MDL LF series external slave cylinder kit or Tilton Engineering internal hydraulic release bearing results in a complete hydraulic clutch solution ready to install.
LF (Light Foot) Series
- Pedal linkage for light pedal effort
- Uses stock clutch pedal and rod hole (where possible) for ease of installation
- Included remote reservoir
- Works with most internal and external slaves.
The LF Series Hydraulic Clutch Master is a revolutionary design for retrofitting hydraulics into the classic cars
Modern Driveline offers master cylinders in two different bore sizes to match the slave cylinder volume requirements.
In most cases our .700″ bore with 1.4″ stroke is the perfect match for most slave cylinders on the market and all our LF series slaves, Tilton 6000 Series internal bearings.
Please contact us if you have any special requirements.
Common Hydraulic conversion problems
The common approach was to use a 3/4″ or 7/8″ bore x 1″ stroke master cylinder connected to the pedal directly resulting in the following.
- Improper pedal pressure and stroke the cylinder needed to be raised higher than the stock clutch rod linkage hole.
- Interference issues on the firewall or pedal assembly.
- Heavy pedal pressure or a very short stroke or both.
MEDIUM: DIFFICULTY LEVEL ON THIS INSTALL