TREMEC Super duty TREMEC T-5z 2.95 first gear ratio 2005-2010 4.0L V6 Mustang
The Super Duty T5 is a step up from the existing T5 used in the 2005-2010 V6 Mustangs.
The gear sets in the earlier T5’s were built with a 3.75 first gear with a .73 overdrive.
The Super Duty T5 is built with a 2.95 first and a .63 overdrive for a more fuel-efficient experience (0.73 ratio optional), as well as, more torque handling than its former counterpart.
This transmission is built specifically for the aftermarket and is enhanced by Modern Driveline to be a direct fit into the 2005-2010 S197 V6 Mustangs using the stock bellhousing.
This transmission does not come with a bellhousing.
No modifications needed.
TREMEC Super duty T5 (Z-Spec) with 2.95 first gear ratio
For 2005-2010 4.0L V6 Mustang
Easy to install… add oil and you’re ready to go.
Features through MDL:
- Special Altered shaft
- Fitted for the semi-remote shifter
- Torque rating 330ft/lbs
- 2.95 first with a .63od
- Carbon fiber 1,2,3,4 Syncro rings for superior shifting
- Hydraulic CSC bearing retainer
- 10 spline input shaft
- Flanged output
- Stock Electronic speedometer sensor
- Built from new and used cores with all-new 2.95:1 gear set
Replaces Part Numbers
- Tremec# TTET2071 – Ford# 4R3Z-7003-BC
- Tremec# TTET5758 – Ford# 6R3Z-7003-A
- Tremec# TTET5853 – Ford# 4R3Z-7003-BK
Direct Replacement in:
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- We provide life-time technical support.
If you need a transmission upgrade to get better performance and better fuel economy.
MDL has all of the Mustang Transmission parts you need, including shifters, flywheels, clutch cables, clutch kits, and more, for your new manual transmission.
In its rich 40+ year history, the T5 has seen a variety of uses and numerous upgrades. Today, it continues to serve as a staple of the hot rod community in the popular “Fox body” Ford Mustang configuration.
Dollar for dollar, pound for pound, the T5 is the smoothest-shifting, most reliable overdrive manual transmission for lightweight or moderate horsepower applications available anywhere…
making any hot rod, street rod, or kit car more enjoyable and economical to drive.
- Article: The Many Faces of the T5 – A History of the T5
- More Information on T5’s
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the T5 five-speed