THE ALL-NEW MDL MODIFIED SHIFT POSITION TREMEC TKX 5-SPEED FOR TIGER
The shifter is a close-ratio custom made piece that is now an integral part of the transmission
this is an upgraded transmission, this isn’t just a bolted-on shifter.
They are all prepared at our facility by hand to ensure quality & precision.
Many hours of R&D were put forth to provide this to you our customer.
No upgraded TKX leaves here unless it’s right.
What do we do to the TKX:
MDL modifications bring the shifter stub up in OE position
We achieve this by carefully machining, updating, and integrating new pieces to this HOT NEW must-have transmission
Not available through TREMEC.
Application: 1964-1967 Sunbeam Tiger
Gear Ratios 2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1, .68od
26 spline input, 31 spline output
MDL mods bring shifter stub up in OE position
THIS IS THE HOT NEW MUST-HAVE TRANSMISSION from TREMEC
Reserve yours now… call us for details & availability 208-453-9800
TKX is the next generation in five speeds
with its ALL NEW End Loading Design
which provides such advantages as:
- a slimmer case design for greater tunnel clearance
- increased case strength, and fewer case seams.
All this and 8000 RPM shifting & 600lbs/ft. torque capacity
- All new Slim End loading case designed for superior strength and greater tunnel clearance.
- Sintered carbon/bronze-Hybrid triple cone synchro’s with a non-leading tooth profile
- Close gear ratio (2.87, 1.89, 1.28, 1.00, .68) high-performance applications Rated at 600+ft/lbs
- Utilizes Ford TKO bolt pattern 7.2″ length input shaft
…(with the short input shaft option
…You can bolt to a Ford close pattern 3-4 speed bellhousing)
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31 spline output shaft for added strength.
- Ford .670 pilot tip and 1.430″ OD throwout bearing guild tube.
- Robust design with an internal 3-rail shift system & steel shift forks.
- All gears & shafts are made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Single-piece countershaft provides an increased torque carrying capacity
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor) with caged needle bearing on the main shaft.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts.
(Optional offset MDL shifter available for even more custom fit)
- New smaller mid-position shifter mounting base reduced footprint
- Built-in reverse light switch on the left side
- Cruise control safety switch location on the right side of the TKX.
- Rear main-shaft support bushing moved from the tail closer to the gearbox provides better support.
- All mating surfaces are sealed with gaskets
If you are making over 400-hp and need an update from your four-speed this is the transmission for you.
We offer complete TKX five-speed packages
That are totally customizable.
Contact us today for a detailed quote.
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- life-time technical support.
TKX offers even more:
- Three shifter locations standard. (For the Mid position, additional kit required)
- Ford Mechanical 7 tooth speedometer cable drive-gear
- OSS two-wire Analog speedometer sensor built-in.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing fuel efficiency.
For all Tremec TKX 5-Speed models, the recommended oils are
Amzoil ATF or Synchromesh
Tremec High-Performance manual transmission Fluid (HP-MTF)
Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.
Fluid capacity is 2.7 quarts / 2.6 Liters.