T5 5-Speed-Front Shift Rear Socket is a TREMEC T-5z custom made tail housing featuring a Front Shift with Front socket location.
“Call for Availability” 208-453-9800
Experience the MDL DIfference,
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… and that’s from the date of install.
- We offer the best in the industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, life-time technical support.
Please call For availability – 208-453-9800
TREMEC T-5z custom made Front Shift with forward socket location.
MDL tooled up and designed a two-socket, front shift, T-5 that is great for mid-sixties and earlier vehicles to bring the shifter up ahead of the seat. 1960-1965 Falcons, HotRods, Street rods, trucks (of all years), & Rangers are prime candidates.
This T-5 uses the Ford T-5 bolt pattern found in 83-93 Mustangs, Carpi, and T-birds. Adapters plates and bellhousing are available to interface it to many other engine platforms.
MDL Front shift T-5 is the perfect solution behind a Ford V8 Flathead in a ’32 Ford. With its small platform, it fits below the floor without cutting and is geared correctly.
Forward shift location in the front shift tail housing is the same as an S-10 Chevy pickup T-5 (11.75″) ideal for Hotrods and Rangers
Rear Shift location, is the ideal location for 60-65 Falcon/Comet owners. (13.25″)
Features & Benefits:
- MDL Quick shifter (Required), Shifter location from the main case is 11.75″ (optional offset shift stub is available to move up to 2″ additional forward or rearward. Ask our sales staff for more details)
- Torque rating 330ft/lbs
- Gear Ratio 2.95, 1.94, 1.34, 1.00 with a .63 overdrive
- Steel front bearing retainer
- Carbon fiber 3-4 syncro rings
- Improved synchronizers and bearings
- Cobra style pocket bearing
- 10 spline input shaft
- 28 spline output shaft
- Ford speedo drive, 7 tooth speedo gear
- Optional .73:1 Overdrive ratio available
- Required Oil Type = 2.75 quarts of ATF Dextron III
- Uses GM Transmission mount (MD-604-1102, not included)
- Increase in fuel economy with overdrive.
- Lower RPM’s for more drive-ability and a much quieter in-car feeling.
- Reduce wear on your engine & drive-train parts
- Reduce engine temperatures, promoting a longer-lasting engine.
Note: MDL front shift tail shaft housing is also available in kit form
Front shift kit Forward position MD-510-1001 ( Requires MDL quick shifter )
Front shift kit Rear position MD-510-1000
- See Additional information front shift T5.⦁
- Article: The Many faces of the T5 – a History of the T5
- More information on T5’s
- Everything you ever Wanted to Know about the T5 five-speed