Modern Driveline was the first to install a Magnum XL into both V8 and V6 Mustangs and has the most in-depth knowledge and parts in the industry!
Don’t make the mistake of purchasing somewhere else only to be left with incomplete parts and advice.
All our products are backed with Lifetime technical support.
See us first for your MT-82 to Magnum XL upgrade.
We extend the manufacturer’s warranty for an extra year and that is from the date of install.
TREMEC® T56 MAGNUM XL 6-Speed S197/S555 Mustang Double Overdrive Transmission
TUKT16901 with 2.66 first and .80/.63 OD
The Magnum XL adds an extended-length tail section designed to eliminate the clumsy semi-remote shifter found in many popular late-model applications.
Currently available only for 2005-up S197 & S555 Mustangs, the Magnum XL includes an SFI-approved steel bell-housing with an enclosure plate, a swap-specific cross-member, and an OE-quality transmission mount.
For strength purposes, the Magnum XL also requires a 26-spline clutch and one-piece driveshaft (sold separately). Some applications may require speedometer e-calibration via ECU tuning or through the use of a separate signal converter.
For a complete Tremec T56 Magnum XL install package, Contact us for an installation package that includes, Flywheel, clutches, module/harnessing, driveshaft, oil, and installation instructions.
Features & Benefits:
- 85mm center distance.
- 700 lb-ft effective torque capacity.
- Direct shift aluminum shifter for smooth, positive shift action.
- SFI 6.1 certified Scatterproof Bellhousing
- Triple cone synchronizers on gears 1-4, double cone synchronizers on gears 5-6, as well as reverse.
- Accurate, smooth, high-rpm shift capabilities.
- 26 Spline input shaft
- 31 Spline output shaft
- Direct-Fit replacement crossmember
- Electric analog sensor speedometer.