A typical full package consists of:
- TREMEC TKO Five-Speed Transmission with Shifter
- All Fastening Hardware including ARP
- QuickTime Custom SFI Approved Bellhousing
- Superior Diaphragm Clutch with Multi-Friction Kevlar/Organic
- Modern Driveline U.S. made Lightened Billet Steel Flywheel
- U.S. made Steel Crossmember
- Electronic Reverse Gate Controller
- Wiring Harness & Plugs
- Shift Ball & Collar
- Four Quarts of Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid
- High-Speed Dynatech Precision Balanced Aluminum Driveshaft
- Highly Detailed Installation Instructions and Lifetime Tech Support
We engineer solutions so you don’t have to.
These two projects incorporate several unique solutions tailored to the specific vehicles and their power plants.
CARBON FIBER SYNCRO’S
improve the “shiftability” of the Tremec TKO above 5500 RPM. This single improvement works well with LS engine applications and Ford Mod motors – engines that spin efficiently to higher RPMs.
Capable of supporting 600 ft/lbs of torque… the TKO600 will provide great reliability. The helical cut gears provide smooth and quiet operation, same as you would expect from a new production vehicle. All new Tremec transmissions come with a 1 year limited warranty from the date of first use.
The “vehicle specific” Modern DriveLine LF Series Hydraulic Clutch Master Cylinder System provides smooth and easy clutch actuation. Detailed instructions and live tech support for all of our products are part of Modern DriveLine sales and service.
SHIFT RAIL UPGRADE
While the TKO series transmissions shift well, there are modifications which can be made to ensure the gear you intend is the gear you get.
SIDE MOUNTED SHIFTER
The standard configuration of the TKO transmission places the shifter near the center of the tunnel. Our side shifter modification works well to position the shifter as in the original in cars like the Corvette.
This 1963 Corvette sports a LS1 engine with a TKO-600 5-speed transmission package from Modern Driveline. Check out a few shots of this great Vette.
This 1968 Mustang sports a 425 hp 5.0L Coyote engine with a TKO-600 5-speed transmission package from Modern Driveline
Each kit is tailored to the needs of the customer, car, and driving expectations. This kit was configured for 400+ hp, street/road racing performance and a high reving engine.
The following are a few behind the scenes images of this beautiful 1968 Mustang, as well as, a shot or two of Bruce Couture, owner of Modern Driveline.