From the SEMA award-winning team that brought you the SN95 Mustang Hydraulics.
60-65 Falcon/Comet MDL LF Series Hydraulic Clutch Master Kit
* This kit can be used in Galaxie / 500*
*This requires the firewall plate to be modified *
Modern Driveline Light Foot series Hydraulic Master cylinder clutch cylinder kit for 60-65 Falcon/Comet using the stock clutch pedal.
Engineered to use the factory full swing of the pedal, for maximum leverage, it provides a light pedal effort and full control of the clutch.
This translates to a drive you will love.
Unique to MDL is the clutch pedal linkage that moves the master cylinder to provide room for brake boosters of all types and most importantly driver control.
Gone are the days of having to engineer a kit from scratch only to leave you frustrated with the results.
The Type 2 master cylinder utilizes a small bore long stroke cylinder to provide the most common fluid volume requirements needed in today’s hydraulic slave cylinders. Couple this master cylinder kit with either MDL LF series external slave cylinder kit or Tilton Engineering internal hydraulic release bearing results in a complete hydraulic clutch solution ready to install.
ALL MDL Hydraulic master kits come with our unique One-man Bleeder Kit to help make installation easy.
- 1960-65 Falcon / Comet / Ranchero
LF (Light Foot) Series
- Pedal linkage for light pedal effort
- Uses stock clutch pedal and rod hole (where possible) for ease of installation
- Included remote reservoir
- Works with most internal and external slaves.
- Mounting screws included
Common Hydraulic Conversion Problems
The common approach was to use a 3/4″ or 7/8″ bore x 1″ stroke master cylinder connected to the pedal directly resulting in the following.
- Improper pedal pressure and stroke the cylinder needed to be raised higher than the stock clutch rod linkage hole.
- Interference issues on the firewall or pedal assembly.
- Heavy pedal pressure or a very short stroke or both.
Complete solutions of master and slave need to be optimized with matching fluid volume.
For this reason, we offer kits specifically matched to our slaves or to existing slaves on the market. See our recommended slave cylinders below.
Every LF series hydraulic master kit comes with a one-man bleeder kit
LF Series Hydraulic