TREMEC T5 custom made by MDL for 94-95 SN95 Mustang/Cobra with a 7.8″ input shaft and Steel bearing retainer.
(Stock SN95 T-5 no longer available from Ford.)
The 94-95 SN95 Mustang/Cobra Super Duty T-5z is a step up from the T5’s used in the 1994-95 5.0L Mustangs.
The gear sets in the earlier t5’s were built with a 3.35 first gear with a .68 overdrive.
The Super Duty T-5z is built with a 2.95 first and a .63 overdrive idea for 3.55:1 axle ratio as well as more torque handling than its former counterparts.
This transmission is built specifically for the aftermarket and is enhanced by Modern Driveline to fit the 1994-95 SN95 Mustangs.
Can also be used in other cars that are using the 94-95 bellhousing with a seven O’clock fork opening or Fox body bellhousing and MD-401-2110 spacer plate
- Torque rating 330 ft/lbs (conservative rating, Street car to 450hp OK)
- Gear Ratios 2.95, 1.94, 1.34, 1, .63 OD
- Steel front bearing retainer
- Cobra style pocket bearing
- Carbon fiber 1,2,3,4 synchro rings
- World Class (tapered carrier bearings, main needle bearings)
- 10 spline input shaft
- 28 spline output shaft
- 7 tooth speedo drive gear (Optional 6 or 8 tooth available)
- Optional .73:1 Overdrive ratio available
- Required Oil Type = 2.75 quarts of ATF Dextron III
Replaces Part Numbers
- 1352-238, 1352-242, 1352-246, 1352-252, 1352-253
Direct Replacement in:
- 1994-1995 Ford Mustang/Cobra
- 1994-98 Ford Mustang 3.8L V6 (Will work with 99-04 with speedo ERA speedometer adapter)
Experience the MDL difference:When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- We provide life-time technical support.
If you need a transmission upgrade to get better performance and better fuel economy.
MDL has all of the Mustang Transmission parts you need, including shifters, flywheels, clutch cables, clutch kits, and more, for your new manual transmission.
- Article: The Many Faces of the T5 – A History of the T5
- More Information on T5’s
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the T5 five-speed