The T5 five-speed transmission was developed for a broad range of vehicle applications from passenger cars to compact sport utility vehicle (SUV) requirements.
The TREMEC T5 has been used on various passenger car and light truck applications.
Its largest application was the Mustang GT.
Currently, it is sold to the aftermarket for modernizing classic vehicles.
Features & Benefits:
- Center Distance – 77 mm
- Overdrive in fifth gear provides extended ratio coverage
- Aluminum die cast housings for reduced weight
- Tapered roller bearings on main and counter-shafts reduce noise and improve durability
- Needle bearing under 1st through 4th gears improve high speed performance and reduce shift effort
- Advanced synchronizer technology
- Powdered steel core blocker rings
- Engineered friction materials for improved durability
- Double cone design for lower shift effort
- Patented strut-type design for improved durability
- Sliding idler reverse for simple, reliable design
- Internal, single-rail shift system
- Reverse brake option allows immediate shift into reverse without clashing
- Multiple shift lever locations
- Adaptable to 4-wheel drive applications
Light Truck Transmissions: