The T-5 five-speed transmission was developed for a broad range of vehicle applications from passenger car to compact sport utility vehicle (SUV) requirements.
The TREMEC T-5 has been used on various passenger car and light truck applications.
It’s largest application was the Mustang GT.
Currently, it is sold to the aftermarket for modernizing classic vehicles.
Features & Benefits:
- Center Distance – 77 mm
- Overdrive in fifth gear provides extended ratio coverage
- Aluminum die cast housings for reduced weight
- Tapered roller bearings on main and counter-shafts reduce noise and improve durability
- Needle bearing under 1st through 4th gears improve high speed performance and reduce shift effort
- Advanced synchronizer technology
- Powdered steel core blocker rings
- Engineered friction materials for improved durability
- Double cone design for lower shift effort
- Patented strut-type design for improved durability
- Sliding idler reverse for simple, reliable design
- Internal, single-rail shift system
- Reverse brake option allows immediate shift into reverse without clashing
- Multiple shift lever locations
- Adaptable to 4-wheel drive applications
Light Truck Transmissions: