THE TREMEC TKX – FORD FIVE-SPEED
Heavy Duty Five speed Single Overdrive Transmission
TCET18086 – 3.27:1 first gear with a .72:1 OD.
THE HOT MUST HAVE TRANSMISSION from TREMEC
Please call for availability 208-453-9800
Tremec TKX is the next generation in five speeds, with its ALL NEW End Loading Design which provides such advantages as a slimmer case design for great tunnel clearance, increased case strength, and fewer case seams.
All this and 8000 RPM shifting & 600lbs/ft. torque capacity
- All new Slim End loading case designed for superior strength and greater tunnel clearance.
- Sintered carbon/bronze-Hybrid triple cone synchro’s with a non-leading tooth profile
- Wide gear ratio (3.27, 1.98, 1.34, 1.00, .72) high-performance applications Rated at 600+ft/lbs
- Utilizes Ford TKO bolt pattern 7.2″ length input shaft (with a short input shaft option can be bolt to a Ford wide pattern 3-4 speed bellhousings )
- 10-spline input shaft with a 31 spline output shaft for added strength.
- Ford .670 pilot tip and 1.430″ OD throwout bearing guide tube.
- Robust design with an internal 3-rail shift system & steel shift forks.
- All gears & shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor) with caged needle bearing on the main shaft.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean crisp shifts.
(Optional offset MDL shifter available for even more custom fit)
- New smaller mid-position shifter mounting base reduced footprint
- Built-in reverse light switch on the left side
- Cruise control safety switch location on the right side of the TKX.
- Rear main-shaft support bushing moved from the tail closer to the gearbox provides better support.
- All mating surfaces are sealed with gaskets
If you are making over 400-hp and need an update from your four-speed this is the transmission for you.
We offer complete TKX five-speed packages that are completely customizable.
Contact us today for a detailed quote.
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- life-time technical support.
TKX offers even more:
- Three shifter locations standard. (For the Mid position, additional kit required)
- Ford Mechanical 7 tooth speedometer cable drive gear
- OSS two-wire Analog speedometer sensor built-in.
- Reduce engine rpm to a level that makes it fun to drive besides enhancing fuel efficiency.
For all Tremec TKX 5-Speed models, the recommended oils are:
Amzoil ATF or Synchromesh
Tremec High-Performance manual transmission Fluid (HP-MTF)
Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF.
2nd 3rd 4th 5th Input
1.89 1.28 1.00 0.68 26
1.89 1.28 1.00 0.81 26
1.98 1.34 1.00 0.72 26
1.98 1.34 1.00 0.72 10
TKX for the Generations: Article by Jim Smart
In many cases, converting to a TREMEC TKX or T-56 Magnum will also warrant minor driveline modifications, such as upgrading to our 31-spline aftermarket slip yoke.
Built to OEM standards, they accept 1330-style U-Joints and are designed to handle the torque from one of the powerful 5 or 6-speed manual transmissions.