FORD T56 Magnum 6-Speed Transmission 2.97 first .80/.63 OD/ TUET16884
Magnum transmissions are the strongest 6-speed manuals ever built. They can withstand up to 700 ft.-lbs. of torque, with gears featuring substantially increased face widths.
Based heavily on the TR-6060, the all-new Magnum took the best of TREMEC’s current OEM design and manufacturing technologies and combined them with the most popular features of their intensely popular TKO 5-speed.
The result is the smoothest shifting, greatest driving, strongest, and most versatile 6-speed aftermarket transmission TREMEC has ever produced.
Features & Benefits:
- 85mm center distance.
- 700 lb-ft effective torque capacity.
- Substantially increased gear face widths over T56
- 2-piece laser-beam welded construction, allowing for greater control of the tooth angles, pitch, and alignment.
- Fully reversible ‘TKO-style’ OEM-grade die-cast aluminum shifter for smooth, positive shift action.
- Built-in mid-shift provisions under inspection cover for simple, pain-free mid-shift conversions.
- Triple cone synchronizers on gears 1-4, double cone synchronizers on gears 5-6, as well as reverse.
- Accurate, smooth, high-rpm shift capabilities.
- 26 Spline input shaft
- 31 Spline output shaft
- Cable release hardened steel guide tube
- Dual ‘speedo’ pick-ups to accommodate both electric and mechanical type speedometers.
- Reverse light Switch
- Required oil = ATF Dextron III
Experience the MDL difference:
When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period.
- We have the best in the industry customer service.
- life-time technical support.
Get your new T56 Magnum on the road with our Performance T56 Magnum Installation kit featuring bell-housing, flywheel, clutch, the clutch release, we have mechanical or hydraulic actuation, bearings, pressure plate, with all the supporting hardware and more.
Please see our Solutions section for whatever you hit the road with.
If you have questions, please call 208-453-9800
Related Articles & Videos