69-70 Mustang/Cougar Hydraulic Clutch Master Kit (.750″ bore x 1.3″ stroke)
Modern Driveline Lightfoot series Hydraulic Master cylinder clutch cylinder kit for 69-70 Mustang/Cougar using the stock clutch pedal.
Engineered to use the factory full swing of the pedal, for maximum leverage, it provides a light pedal effort and full control of the clutch, this translates to a drive you will love.
Unique to MDL, is the clutch pedal linkage allows the master cylinder to use the stock clutch rod hole while providing room for factory vacuum brake booster but, most importantly driver control.
Gone of the days of having to engineer a kit from scratch only to leave you frustrated with the results.
The Type 3 master cylinder utilizes a small bore long-stroke cylinder to provide the most common fluid volume requirements needed in today’s hydraulic slave cylinders.
Couple this master cylinder kit with either MDL LF series external slave cylinders kit or Tilton Engineering internal hydraulic release bearings results in complete hydraulic clutch solution ready to install.
All MDL Hydraulic kits come with our 1-man Bleeder kit to make installation easier.
- 1969-70 Mustang
- 1969-70 Cougar
LF (Light Foot) Series
- Light Pedal Feel
- Included Aluminum anodized reservoir
- Works with internal and external slaves
- Uses stock clutch rod hole (where possible) for ease of installation.
- comes with a 12′ Braided Line
Revolutionary Linkage Design
The LF Series Hydraulic Clutch Master is a revolutionary design for retrofitting hydraulics into the classic cars
Modern Driveline solved these issues with innovative pedal linkage that matches pedal travel with a long-stroke master cylinder for a reduced clutch pedal load.
The linkage allows for great design flexibility and greatly improved driver’s experience. We offer the master cylinders in three different bore sizes to match the slave cylinder volume requirements.
In most cases, our .700″ bore with 1.4″ stroke is the perfect match for most slave cylinders on the market and all our LF series slaves, Tilton 6000 Series internal bearings.
Please contact us if you have any special requirements.
- The long-stroke, small-bore master cylinder minimizes the loading of the firewall and pedal effort.
- A firewall plate with mechanical linkage greatly reduces firewall load and pedal effort while providing design flexibility to use the stock clutch rod hole.
- The mechanical linkage design also allows the full stroke of the pedal to maximize clutch modulation while keeping the cylinder perpendicular to the firewall and providing a mechanical advantage thus reducing the pedal pressure required to operate the clutch.
LF Series Hydraulic
Certain brake boosters will not fit with our LF Series master cylinder kit due to its size and shape.
This kit works with OE Bendix or Midland 8″ booster. It will not work with (band clamp) brake booster and certain aftermarket 8″ and larger brake boosters.
The brake booster below due to its profile & mounted distance from the firewall will allow the Hydraulic Master to be mounted correctly.
Complete solutions of master and slave need to be optimized with matching fluid volume.
For this reason, we offer kits specifically matched to our slaves or to existing slaves on the market. See our recommended slave cylinders below.
A typical complete solution consists of the LF Series Hydraulic Clutch Master
a steel braided line of appropriate length
Don’t see what you’re looking for, please call 208-453-9800