T5 5-Speed-Front Shift Rear Socket is a TREMEC T-5z
Custom-made tail housing featuring a Front Shift with Rear socket location.
Modern DriveLine tooled up and designed a two-socket, front shift, T-5 that is great for mid-sixties and earlier vehicles to bring the shifter up ahead of the seat.
T5 5-Speed-Front Shift Rear Socket by MDL fits 1960-1965 Falcons, Hot Rods, Street rods, trucks (of all years), Kit cars and Shelby 289 Cobras are prime candidates.
This T-5 uses the Ford T-5 bolt pattern found in 83-93 Mustangs, Carpi, and T-birds. Adapters plates and bellhousing are available to interface it to many other engine platforms.
Especially good for Falcons:
In Falcons, the front shift prevents the floor support from being modified while providing an ideal shift location.
Forward shift location in the front shift tail housing is the same as the S-10 Chevy pickup T-5.
T5 5-Speed-Front Shift Rear Socket Great for Falcons, Hot rods, Rangers.
The shifter is located about 6″ forward from the standard T-5z location. Setup for a mechanical speedometer.
Rear Shift location, is ideal location for 60-65 Falcon/Comet owners. (13.25″)
Features & Benefits:
- Stock T5 Shifter included (Shifter location from front of the main case is 13.25″, optional offset shifter is available to move back to up to 2″. Ask our sales staff for more details)
- Torque rating 330ft/lbs
- Gear Ratio 2.95, 1.94, 1.34, 1.00 with a .63 overdrive
- Steel front bearing retainer
- Carbon fiber 3-4 synchro rings
- Improved synchronizers and bearings
- Cobra style pocket bearing
- 10 spline input shaft
- 28 spline output shaft
- Ford speedo drive, 7 tooth speedo gear
- Optional .73:1 Overdrive ratio available
- Required Oil Type = 2.75 quarts of ATF Dextron III
- Uses GM Transmission mount (MD-604-1102, not included)
- Increase in fuel economy with overdrive.
- Lower RPM’s for more drive-ability and a much quieter in-car feeling.
- Reduce wear on your engine & drive-train parts
- Reduce engine temperatures, promoting a longer-lasting engine.
MDL front shift tail shaft housing is also available in kit form
Front shift kit Forward position MD-510-1001 (Requires MDL quick shifter)
Front shift kit Rear position MD-510-1000
If you need a transmission upgrade to get better performance and better fuel economy.
MDL has all of the Transmission parts you need, including shifters, flywheels, clutch cables, clutch kits, and more, for your new manual transmission.
In its rich 40+ year history, the T5 has seen a variety of uses and numerous upgrades. Today, it continues to serve as a staple of the hot rod community in the popular “Fox body” Ford Mustang configuration.
Dollar for dollar, pound for pound, the T5 is the smoothest-shifting, most reliable overdrive manual transmission for lightweight or moderate horsepower applications available anywhere…
making any hot rod, street rod, or kit car more enjoyable and economical to drive.
- Article: The Many Faces of the T5 – A History of the T5
- More Information on T5’s
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the T5 five speed