Ford T-5 Front Shift Tail Housing, Front Pivot Position
Are you needing to move the shifter forward on your T-5 and wonder how to move that?
Modern Driveline has a solution for this.
We tooled up and built a new tail shaft housing to move the shift box to the front of the tail shaft housing and provide two-shift pivot positions.
The front shift position places the shift pivot point at 11.75″ back from the main case. The front shift front position does require an MDL shifter as there is no stock application to move to this location.
You can further customize the shift lever position with one of our offset shifters to move left or right, front to back to make your ride perfect.
Great for Hotrods, Street Rods, Ford Ranger V8 conversions, and many others requiring seat clearance and tight layouts.
‘Does not work with NON-World Class T-5 transmission’.
- “Do it yourself” conversion
- Required MDL shifter to the custom pivot point and bolt pattern.
- Compatible with the Ford T5 (1985-1998 Mustang V8/V6 transmissions and new T5z)
- Retains Ford mechanical speedometers gear drive. Additional electronic analog and digital sensors can be used.
- CNC machined
- Enhanced ribbing and material for strength over OE housings
- Engineered with 3D solid modeling to exacting standards and specs
- Complete kit ready to install
- Available already installed on a new T5z
- Dual shift position (5.5″ range with optional MDL shifter)
- GM trans cross-member mount position for compatibility with existing S-10 installations
- Uses standard 28 spline slip yoke
- Pre-machined for 0.8:1 5th gear set
- Made in the USA!
If you need a transmission upgrade to get better performance and better fuel economy.
MDL has all of the Transmission parts you need, including shifters, flywheels, clutch cables, clutch kits, and more, for your new manual transmission.
- Article: The Many Faces of the T5 –
A History of the T5More Information on T5’s
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About the T5 five-speed