Modern Driveline T5 Front Shift Tail Housing, Rear position designed for Ford T5
Are you needing to move the shifter forward on your T-5 and wonder how to move that? Modern Driveline has a solution for this.
MDL tooled up and built a new tail shaft housing to move the shift box to the front of the tail shaft housing and provide two-shift pivot positions.
The rear pivot position is the same Mustang T-5 shifter. This allows you to reuse the stock Mustang Shifter saving you money. The rear shift position places the shift pivot point at 13.25″ back from the main case.
You can further customize the shift lever position with one of our offset shifters to move left or right, front to back to make your ride perfect.
‘Does not work with NON-World Class T5 transmission’.
- “Do it yourself” conversion
- Re-uses stock Mustang T5 shifter
- Compatible with the Ford T5 (1985-1998 Mustang V8/V6 transmissions and new T5z) (May work with other T5 transmissions, please contact for details)
- Retains Ford mechanical speedometers gear drive. Additional electronic analog and digital sensors can be used.
- CNC machined
- Enhanced ribbing and material for strength over OE housings
- Engineered with 3D solid modeling to exacting standards and specs
- Complete kit ready to install
- Available already installed on a new T5z
- Dual shift position (5.5″ range with optional MDL shifter)
- GM trans cross-member mount position for compatibility with existing S-10 installations
- Uses standard 28 spline slip yoke
- Pre-machined for 0.8:1 5th gear set
- Made in the USA!
If you need a transmission upgrade to get better performance and better fuel economy.
MDL has all of the Transmission parts you need, including shifters, flywheels, clutch cables, clutch kits, and more, for your new manual transmission.