TREMEC T5z for Y-block Truck with Front Shift with a rearward socket location.
The shifter is located about 13.25″ from the back of the block.
Lightweight, smooth shifting, and proven reliability.
0.63:1 overdrive means great fuel savings
Perfect for weekend cruisers, Hot rods, and kit car applications.
Experience the MDL Difference:
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… with a 1-year grace period
- We offer the best in the industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, lifetime technical support.
MDL tooled up and designed a two-socket, front shift, T5 that is great for a pickup truck to bring the shifter up ahead of the seat.
This model was designed to be adapted behind a Ford pickup Y-block bellhousing using our MD-401-2105 adapter plate. It has a longer input (7-7/8″).
If you using a car Y-block bellhousing, see our shorter input shaft model MD-552-0251-FS-F model.
Setup for a mechanical speedometer.
This same transmission can be used with a 94-95 Mustang T5 bellhousing behind a small block Ford engine.
- MDL Quick shifter (Required), Shifter location from the main case is 11.75″ (optional offset shift stub is available to move up to 2″ additional forward or rearward.
Ask our sales staff for more details)
- Torque rating 330ft/lbs
- Cobra spec T5z Gear Ratio: 2.95, 1.94, 1.34, 1.00 with a .63 overdrive
- Steel front bearing retainer
- Carbon fiber 3-4 synchro rings
- Improved synchronizers and bearings
- Cobra style pocket bearing
- 10 spline input shaft
- 28 spline output shaft
- Ford speedo drive, 7 tooth speedo gear
- Uses GM Transmission mount (MD-604-1102, not included)
If you are not sure, give us a call, and we will answer your questions. 208-453-9800
Alternate Part Numbers
If you need a transmission upgrade to get better performance and better fuel economy.
MDL has all of the Mustang Transmission parts you need, including shifters, flywheels, clutch cables, clutch kits, and more, for your new manual transmission.
in its rich 40+ year history, the T5 has seen a variety of uses and numerous upgrades. Today, it continues to serve as a staple of the hot rod community in the popular “Fox body” Ford Mustang configuration.
Dollar for dollar, pound for pound, the T5 is the smoothest-shifting, most reliable overdrive manual transmission for lightweight or moderate horsepower applications available anywhere…
making any hot rod, street rod, or kit car more enjoyable and economical to drive.
- History of the T5
- Article: The Many faces of the T5 – a History of the T5
- More information on T5’s
- Everything you ever Wanted to Know about the T5 five speed
- Rebuilding a T5 Transmission