TREMEC T5z 5-speed transmission with MDL Modified tail shaft housing
Front Shift with a forward socket location.
Fits: Ford Y-block Truck
The shifter is located about 8″ forward from the standard T-5z location. Setup for a mechanical speedometer.
“Call for Availability” 208-453-9800
Note: MDL front shift tail shaft housing is also available in kit form
Front shift kit Forward position tail housing only MD-510-1001 ( Requires MDL quick shifter )
Front shift kit Rear position tail housing only MD-510-1000
Experience the MDL Difference:
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… and that’s from the date of install.
- We offer the best in the industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, lifetime technical support.
MDL tooled up and designed a two-socket, front shift, T-5 that is great for a pickup truck to bring the shifter up ahead of the seat.
This model was designed to be adapted behind a Ford pickup Y-block bellhousing using our MD-401-2105 adapter plate. It has a longer input (7-7/8″).
If you using a car Y-block bellhousing, see our shorter input shaft model MD-552-0251-FS-F model.
This same transmission can be used with a 94-95 Mustang T-5 bellhousing behind a small block Ford engine.
- MDL Quick shifter (Required), Shifter location from the main case is 11.75″ (optional offset shift stub is available to move up to 2″ additional forward or rearward. Ask our sales staff for more details)
- Torque rating 330ft/lbs
- Gear Ratio 2.95, 1.94, 1.34, 1.00 with a .63 overdrive
- Steel front bearing retainer
- Carbon fiber 3-4 synchro rings
- Improved synchronizers and bearings
- Cobra style pocket bearing
- 10 spline input shaft
- 28 spline output shaft
- Ford speedo drive, 7 tooth speedo gear
- Uses GM Transmission mount (MD-604-1102, not included)
If you are not sure, give us a call, we will answer your questions. 208-453-9800
Alternate Part Numbers
- History of the T5
- Article: The Many faces of the T5 – a History of the T5
- More information on T5’s
- Everything you ever Wanted to Know about the T5 five speed
If you need a transmission upgrade to get better performance and better fuel economy.
MDL has all of the Mustang Transmission parts you need, including shifters, flywheels, clutch cables, clutch kits, and more, for your new manual transmission.