T5 5-Speed-Front Shift Front Socket is a TREMEC T5z with a custom-made tail housing
featuring a Front Shift with Front socket location.
“Call for Availability” 208-453-9800
Experience the MDL DIfference,
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year… and that’s from the date of installation.
- We offer the best in the industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, lifetime technical support.
TREMEC T5z custom-made Front Shift with forward socket location.
MDL tooled up and designed a two-socket, front shift, T-5 that is great for mid-sixties and earlier vehicles to bring the shifter up ahead of the seat. 1960-1965 Falcons, HotRods, Street rods, trucks (of all years), & Rangers are prime candidates.
This T-5 uses the Ford T-5 bolt pattern found in 83-93 Mustangs, Carpi, and T-birds. Adapters plates and bellhousing are available to interface it to many other engine platforms.
MDL Front shift T5 is the perfect solution behind a Ford V8 Flathead in a ’32 Ford. With its small platform, it fits below the floor without cutting and is geared correctly.
Forward shift location in the front shift tail housing is the same as an S-10 Chevy pickup T5 (11.75″) ideal for Hotrods and Rangers
Rear Shift location, is the ideal location for 60-65 Falcon/Comet owners. (13.25″)
Features & Benefits:
- MDL Quick shifter (Required), Shifter location from the main case is 11.75″ (optional offset shift stub is available to move up to 2″ additional forward or rearward.
– (Ask our sales staff for more details)
- Torque rating 330ft/lbs
- Gear Ratio 2.95, 1.94, 1.34, 1.00 with a .63 overdrive
- Steel front bearing retainer
- Carbon fiber 3-4 syncro rings
- Improved synchronizers and bearings
- Cobra style pocket bearing
- 10 spline input shaft
- 28 spline output shaft
- Ford speedo drive, 7 tooth speedo gear
- Optional .73:1 Overdrive ratio available
- Required Oil Type = 2.75 quarts of ATF Dextron III
- Uses GM Transmission mount (MD-604-1102, not included)
- Increase in fuel economy with overdrive.
- Lower RPM’s for more drive-ability and a much quieter in-car feeling.
- Reduce wear on your engine & drive-train parts
- Reduce engine temperatures, promoting a longer-lasting engine.
Note: MDL front shift tail shaft housing is also available in kit form
Front shift kit Forward position MD-510-1001 ( Requires MDL quick shifter )
Front shift kit Rear position MD-510-1000
- See Additional information front shift T5.⦁
- Article: The Many faces of the T5 – a History of the T5
- More information on T5’s
- Everything you ever Wanted to Know about the T5 five-speed