The TKX is a 5-speed RWD manual transmission developed solely for the aftermarket.
For the development of the new transmission, TREMEC engineers took a forward-looking approach to find the best and most efficient solution. This included universal packaging, excellent shifting performance, and extreme durability.
The result is superior shift-ability with smooth shifts at high RPMs using multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings. At the same time, noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) performance are optimized with a gear layout to best control stress levels, while providing structural stiffness with a ribbed, 3-piece aluminum housing. Durability is further optimized with oversized gear widths, gaskets at all flanges, and caged needle bearings in all gear positions.
Whether restoring or upgrading a classic muscle car or a 1930s-era roadster coupe, the new TREMEC TKX 5-speed RWD manual transmission delivers a top-quality drivetrain solution.
TKX Features at a Glance
- 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity; capable of engine speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs.
- Available in multiple gear ratio configurations (see specifications)
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations
- Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness
- Gaskets at all flanges simplify installation and eliminate fluid leaks
- Superior shift-ability through use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- All gears and shafts are made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615), providing increased torque carrying capacity
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts
- Robust design with an internal three-rail shift system and a combination of aluminum and steel shift forks
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity
- Separate GM and Ford case patterns and input configurations
- Integrated GM and Ford transmission mount patterns