MDL offers complete TKX 5-speed packages that are completely customizable.
We have many in stock and ready to ship
WHAT MAKES TKX DIFFERENT?
ALL NEW Endloading design which means:
- Greater Strength
- The slimmest 5-speed on the market for improved tunnel clearance is shown in the image to the left TKX – in green / TKO-in blue
- Fits GM A-bodies without tunnel modification Chevelle, GTO, 442, as well as Nova, Chevy II, and many more.
More on the New Slim Case design & tunnel clearance
shown the image to the left
TKX – in green / T5-in blue
Sintered carbon + bronze-Hybrid double-cone synchros with a non-leading edge profile direct from the T56 Magnum allowing for up to 8000 RPM shifts
MORE GREAT FEATURES
- The all-new 5-speed, single overdrive manual transmission from TREMEC. Designed, tested, and built specifically for the aftermarket.
- The TKX has 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity and is capable of 8,000 RPMs shifts
and is available in multiple gear ratio configurations (See chart below).
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations. A Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminum housing provides outstanding structural stiffness (includes main case, intermediate plate, and rear extension) Gaskets at all flanges simplify installation and eliminate fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through the use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon
- Noise, vibration, and harshness (NVH) are minimized with gear layout to best control stress levels.
- All gears are supported by caged needle bearings to reduce end play on the gears.
- All gears and shafts are made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift forks.
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- Built-in reverse light switch and cruise control safety switch.
- Available in GM 3 & 4 speed Muncie/Richmond pattern
- Available in Ford wide pattern 3-4 speed pattern
TKX PROMO VIDEO
V8 Speed & Resto Shop talks about classic muscle & the Tremec TKX
Ep.1 of a 5 part Series| MDL Modified Shift Position TKX install into 67 Chevelle SS
Far and away, the most versatile 5-speed on the market.
TREMEC’s TKX the latest innovation to the series of 5-speed transmissions that began with its successful TKO in the 5-liter Mustang movement and has since been fitted into nearly every rear-wheel drive performance application imaginable.
THIS IS A STEP BEYOND
Serving up 600 lb-ft of torque capacity, along with up to 8000 rpm confidence-inspiring shifts and fuel-saving overdrive.
The TKX offers an ideal blend of brute strength and street manners.