MODERN DRIVELINE Offers five and six-speed conversions for
Small Block, Big Block & LS swapped Olds Cutlass, 442
As well as Tempest, Buick GS, Skylark, GTO, LeMans.
Our line of products offers simple ways to upgrade your 3 or 4-speed
to a Tremec five-speed or a complete automatic to five or six-speed overdrive…
We have you covered.
- Increase in fuel economy with overdrive.
- Lower RPM’s for more drive-ability and a much quieter in-car feeling.
- Reduce wear on your engine & drive-train parts
- Reduce engine temperatures, promoting a longer-lasting engine.
Experience the MDL Difference,
- We extend the manufacturer’s warranty by an extra year…
And add a 1-year grace period.
- We offer the best in the industry customer service.
- When you purchase a complete MDL Conversion Package you get, lifetime technical support.
Modern DriveLine has kits for the customer that already has usable 3 or 4-speed Muncie or Saginaw transmission components in their Oldsmobile.
This kit allows you to use your existing 166 tooth-capable bell-housing, flywheel with 11″ clutch pattern, stock clutch pedal, and mechanical clutch release.
You will also use your existing transmission cross-member.
Tunnel modifications are required and the sheet metal tunnel patch is included in this kit
Whether you are converting from Auto to manual or just want an upgrade, we have a solution for you.
We can supply everything you need from the back of the block to the driveshaft.
You get all the parts you need and none you don’t.
- You will need to select a clutch matched for your horsepower & use. Need Help… give us a call.
- We will use any existing parts you have that we can… there’s no need to buy new if you don’t have to.
You will have to select a clutch matched to your horsepower & use.
Solutions are TAILORED to your needs
With many or all of the following:
TREMEC 5 or 6-Speed Transmission with Shifter
- All Fastening Hardware including ARP
- Aluminum or ‘QuickTime’ Steel Bell-housing
- Superior Diaphragm Clutch or McLeod or Tilton Twin-Disk matched to your horsepower and usage.
- Modern Driveline U.S.A. made Lightened Billet Steel Flywheel
- U.S.A. made Steel Cross-member
- Transmission Mount
- Wiring Harness & Plugs
- Shift Ball & Lever and Boot
- Hydraulic Master and Slave clutch linkage
- Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid
- High-Speed Precision Balanced Aluminum or Steel Driveshaft
- Detailed Installation Instructions and Lifetime Tech Support
The MDL conversion packages are as complete as possible.
You get ALL the components you need where competitors’ packages provide only the basics.
When comparing costs be sure you are comparing apples to apples on the contents, quality & especially after the order service.
TKX Five Speed Single Overdrive Conversion up to 750hp
This revolutionary 5-speed has replaced the TKO 500 / 600
For higher torque applications or you’re a ‘spirited driver,’
the TKX series five-speed is the latest offering from Tremec
The MDL SIde shift program brings TKX the shift stub up in OE position.
Check out these stats.
Rated for 600lb/ft of torque, will support shifting up to 8000rpm
Thanks to triple cone hybrid sintered synchronizers the Tremec T56 Magnums have to make your driving experience the best.
The new end loading design makes for a stronger case with a new sleeker profile, eliminating top covers, that would have restricted room in the tunnel.
From the still photos below, you can see the clearance you can expect with a stock cross-member & mount.
Above you can see the differences between the TKO & TKX cases.
These images are the MDL modified TKX, especially for ’64-67′ Oldsmobile placing your shifter in stock OE position.
TKX offers more adjustment at the tail shaft vertically for the driveline angle.
Perfect for Pro-Streeters who love to tuck the rear suspension up into their ride.
MDL is a stocking distributor and all or most items are ready to ship
Click or call for a customized quote for your requirements.